CHIA SEED PUDDING
This is one of my favorite breakfasts (and lunches and snacks and treats) ever. Chi-chi-chi -chia pudding.
Chia seeds nourish your body just as much as they nourish your taste buds. Check out all of these amazing health benefits:
1. Want Glowing Skin? Add Chia Seeds!
Chia seeds are full of antioxidants which protect the skin by limiting the production of the free radicals that damage skin cells. In other words, they can reduce the signs of aging.
2. Chia Seeds Are A Perfect Low Carb Food
With only 1 gram of carbs per ounce, these seeds are a great low carb option.
3. Chia Seeds Pack a Protein Punch
Chia seeds are about 15% protein, which is more than most other plant proteins. Protein is essential for muscle growth and repair, hormone and antibody production and a feeling of satiety.
4.They Support A Healthy Gut
Chia seeds have tons of fiber which feeds the healthy bacteria in your gut helping to support immunity and overall wellness.
5. Chia Seeds Can Help You Lose Weight
Chia seeds absorb water and expand, making you feel full longer which is essential if you are trying to maintain or lose weight.
6. Chia Seeds Keep Your Bones Strong
Move over dairy! Chia seeds actually have more calcium than most dairy products. Just one ounce provides 18% of the recommended amount for adults.
7.They Help Reduce Inflammation
Chia seeds contain 100% of your daily requirement of healthy, anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats which are necessary to decrease joint pain, manage arthritis and decrease overall inflammation.
8. Chia Seeds Make Your Heart Happy
Those omega-3’s are also essential for heart health and have been shown to lower cholesterol and lower the risk of cardiovascular disease.
9. Chia Seeds Help Manage Blood Sugar Imbalances
The fiber and protein in chia help balance blood sugar , reducing the spikes and dips that can lead to diabetes.
10. Chia Seeds Are Gluten-Free
Chia seeds can be used as an unprocessed, gluten-free option for pudding, porridge and “oatmeal”. They are also great sprinkled on top of yogurt, in smoothies and smoothie bowls, and in gluten-free breads.
CHIA SEED PUDDING
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¾ cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
- Blend all ingredients except chia seeds in a blender until smooth.
- Whisk in chia seeds.
- Pour mixture into a jar or glass container and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to let gel.
- Stir or whisk a few times within the first hour
- Serve with shredded unsweetened coconut, berries, nuts, raw cacao nuts
P.s. This is one of the recipes in my RESTART program. Learn how to eat the right foods for YOUR body.