This dish is warm and soothing, making it the perfect comfort food. And the best part is that is actually really, really good for you. It’s savory, yet slightly sweet and has a nice little kick if you choose to add the chili flakes. Option to add chicken or shrimp…but it does the job just the way it is too.
- 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh turmeric, grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon garam marsala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups cauliflower; cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup chick-peas, cooked or canned
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 can of coconut milk full fat
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- Prepare all ingredients ahead of time and have them ready in your work station
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot until liquid
- Add onions and saute until they are clear (about 6-8 minutes)
- Add garlic, ginger and turmeric and cook for 2 minutes
- Add garam masala, cumin, and salt and mix
- Add cauliflower, chick peas, green peas, carrots, tomatoes and coconut milk
- Bring to a full boil and then set to simmer for 10-15 or until all vegetables are soft.
- Taste and add more spices if desired. I personally love a ton of garam masala.
- Store leftovers in glass containers. This dish tastes better the next day.
- Option to freeze leftovers as well
- Serve with a rice or eat it solo